Assignments Overview

So I am pretty excited about this semester, and especially about this class. I am taking some really interesting classes, including my service-learning capstone, piano lessons, and this one, which combines two of my favorite things: reading myths and creative writing. 

40 Hilarious School Meme in BestLife
I must admit that I was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of assignment we have per week, but as I read through the descriptions that worry began to dissipate. I realized that most of the assignments are quite straight forward and that as long as I am doing the reading on time there should be no issues. Hopefully, I will be organized enough to not end up like this little guy. 

I am also super excited about some of the extra credit opportunities. I am particularly excited about the microfictions and biographical writings. When I was a kid I used to write short stories all the time, and I always thought microfiction was super fun to write, so I am excited to get back into it. And the biographical writing seems like a fun little exercise to let you know a bit about me and my life. I'm also toying with the idea of putting myself into the myths and legends we read about or putting the characters of the myths into my daily life. Either of this might be fun to play with. 

In any case, the extra credit assignment and the class reminded me of a trend that has become quite popular of comparing high school and college teachers. The trend shows that usually high school teachers portray college professors as strict, serious and hard to deal with when in reality isn't necessarily like that. This class is a great example of that, so I thought I would leave one of my favorite tweets from this trend, enjoy!

Comentarios

  1. I'm also excited to participate in this class this semester! I was also slightly overwhelmed when I first saw the list of weekly assignments. Classes hadn't even officially started yet for the semester, and I was already stressed out! However, after going through the first week's Orientation, I realized these assignments are relatively straight-forward and simple if you allot the proper amount of time for this class. I'm excited to work at my own pace for a change instead of my regular deadline-oriented courses.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Existential Crisis: An Introduction By Me

Comment Wall

Week 9 Story: The Beauty and The Skull