My Favorite Place

My name is Antonieta Hernández, and I am an international student from Caracas, Venezuela. I could not decide on my favorite place because there are so many beautiful places I have visited in my life, but I decided to narrow it down to two, one being the city I grew up in, Caracas, and the other one of Venezuela's most well'known places, the Angel Falls.

Caracas, Venezuela

This is Venezuela's capital and my home town. It is a beautiful city surrounded by the Avila mountain. The weather is around 73 degrees all year round, it is almost always sunny and never too hot. On the other side of the mountain, you can find the Caribbean sea, so I spent the majority of my childhood going to the beach whenever I got the chance. Also, recently the population of macaws (parrots) has grown a lot, so they have become used to being around people and often hang out around people's terraces to try and snatch some snacks!

Caracas from the East. Wikipedia Commons

Personal picture of macaws in my cousin Veronica's balcony

Angel Falls, Bolivar State, Venezuela

This is the world's tallest waterfall, the Angel Falls. It is 3212 ft tall. The waterfall starts at the top of the Auyantepuy, one of the biggest tabletop mountains/mesas of the world, with an area of roughly 307 square miles. Tepuy is the indigenous name for mesas, meaning house of the gods, and the world Auyentepuy means the Devil's Mountain. The indigenous name of the waterfall is Kerepakupai Vená, which is "waterfall of the deepest place" in Pemon. This is also the place that inspired UP (Disney movie), and partially inspired the world of Pandora in the movie Avatar. I was there with my family over the summer, and it is honestly the most breathtaking place I have ever been to. 

The Angel Falls. Wikipedia Commons
Personal picture of me and my family at the Angel Falls last summer



Comentarios

  1. Oh, thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures, Antonieta! Angel Falls looks amazing and.... look at those MACAWS. Wow! As you can guess, macaws and other types of parrots are popular characters in folktales all over the world. Maybe you will want to do a Storybook project all about parrots for this class. No one has ever done that before.... the macaws visiting your cousin's balcony could be famous!
    And how cool that you set the language here to Spanish: I am leaving a comentario now. :-)

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Existential Crisis: An Introduction By Me

Comment Wall

Week 9 Story: The Beauty and The Skull