Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Every time I get an email about a new comment on my blog, I get super excited. I love reading about what the other students think about my stories and project. How useful the comments are varies a lot, sometimes I'll receive a very detailed comment that points out specific areas for improvement, but most of the time the comments are quite vague and praise the story without offering any new advice. I think this may be because most people do not want to be harsh and point out things wrong in the writing or narrative, which I understand, but it also means that I don't know what to improve. I also think that the assignments about how to give feedback, though well-intentioned, do actually more harm than good. This is because we are so focused on covering the requirements of the WWW or the TAG that we don't actually provide useful feedback. 

Personally, I think the feedback I leave is, for the most part, very detailed and hopefully useful. I try to give out the type of feedback I would like to receive. I try to point out the specific areas that could use revision and improvement because general comments saying to revise grammar or sentence structure or anything are not useful for me, I like detailed feedback, which is why I have found Laura's comments to be the most useful for my project. 

The picture I chose is about how helpful feedback can be, but I took it differently than it was probably intended. The picture is probably meant to tell the person receiving the feedback not to fear it because it can be useful, but for me, it is the other way around. I want the people in this class not to fear giving out specific feedback, even if it is negative, that is called constructive criticism. So my take away is, don't fear giving feedback, it is useful for the writer!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Existential Crisis: An Introduction By Me

Comment Wall

Week 9 Story: The Beauty and The Skull